Solved

Updating Merit Function does not terminate

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Dear Zemax team,

I have added a genc function into my Merit Function, maybe with some wrong parameter. Now the update of the Merit Function does not terminate (after several minutes) anymore. I have pressed the Terminate button next to Updating merit Function, but the text box with Updating Merit Function stays. I am practically locked out. I have already terminated Zemax, but when I restart and recover the file Zemax gets stuck in updating Merit Function as soon as I open the Merit Function editor.

Do you have any idea how to suppress the automatic update of the Merit Function, so that I can change the genc parameter? Or to edit the Merit Function outside Zemax? Or how to terminate the Merit Function update?

Many thanks

Markus

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 5 January 2022, 19:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That sounds like a bug, but to fix the immediate problem, so to Preferences, Editors and uncheck the option Update Merit Function on Load, so you at least have a chance to fix it :-)

• Mark
Userlevel 2

Mark, thanks a lot for the help. That let me in again. I accidentally set the resolution of genc to 10, so it just kept running. Maybe the bug is, that terminate did not work.

Thanks again

Markus