Solved

Tracing multiple ZRD ray files into one detector

• 28 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I have multiple number of ray database files in non-sequential mode. The ZRD files are output of ray traces for different angles. With the multiple ZRD files, I want to see all these traced rays in my detector together. How can I achieve this? 

Any comments or ideas are welcome.

icon

Best answer by David 29 June 2023, 21:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Create dat files. Then you could have a separate Source File for each and then just trace all the sources at once. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

To be a bit more clear about this:

One way to do this is to not use a ray database. Instead, use the multiconfiguration editor to define each angle in its own configuration. Then you can select and trace each configuration in turn. For the first configuration, use “Clear & trace.” That will clear the detector and trace rays. Then select each configuration in turn and use “Trace.” That will add hits to the detectors without clearing them.

If you wish to use ray databases, then the only way I know is to save a dat file from each, and then define a Source File for each dat file and trace all those sources. To do this, you need some convenient object to store the rays on. Then you trace for the all Source File objects, and not the original sources. Rays will originate from the object locations where they were stored.