Solved

Tolerancing ROC in multiconfiguration (temperature) model

• 8 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have set up for the tolerance of a somewhat simple system using the temperature ranges in a multiconfiguration table. I am getting the error message that TRAD cannot be used in multiconfiguration tolerance analysis with no explanation or corrective actions. I want to include the lens manufacturers ROC tolerance in the analysis and I don’t recall running into this problem previously.  Is there a workaround for this error?

icon

Best answer by MichaelH 8 June 2023, 01:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Allen,

The message you should get says “Tol operand TRAD x is invalid. Under multi-configuration control”:

This is explaining the error, namely that you’re trying to change the radius for a certain surface with TRAD (this changes the LDE) but that radius is already under multi-config control with CRVT.  So rather than use the TRAD operand, you will need to use TMCO to tolerance the CRVT operand in Config 1 (and then the thermal pickups will calculate the change in curvature as a function of temperature).  The one thing you need to make sure if you convert the radius tolerance to a curvature tolerance to use TMCO:

Badge

Thanks Michael!  That is exactly what   I was looking for.  I knew there was a way to do this. But, I could not find anything in the Manual, the Knowledge Base, or the references.  Thanks!

-Allen