Solved

Tolerance Yield analysis

• 25 October 2021
  • 4 replies

How Zemax represents values to calculate Yield information? For example, I need to draw it  by my own criteria which the smaller than worse and we need to show percent of  systems than smaller it takes than percent of systems become higher.

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 28 October 2021, 13:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi!

The Yield is defined as the % of Monte Carlo trials that are below the RMS Spot Radius. 

For example, I just uploaded some tolerance results I had on my computer. The criterion is the RMS spot radius here (horizontal axis title). I added a data marker.

Here I can read that 61% of Monte Carlo trials that have a RMS Spot is equal or less than 0.0376.

Does that help?

Hi Sadrine , my question was about , if I have my own criteria like this but I want to show it without “-”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Ilia

You can’t really change that from my understanding because the Yield is a plot of your data.

I suppose it is more the definition of the criterion that has to be changed.

That being said, you could export the data for now on Excel for example and plot it there. But OpticStudio will plot the merit function or any reported values.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Ilia

One of my colleagues also suggested that you can parse the tolerance results with the API. Then you could make your own Yield curve. Let us know if you would like more details about this.