Solved

Tips for organizing elements in complicated non-sequential systems?

• 14 April 2023
  • 1 reply

In non-sequential mode, is there a way to group together or hide elements to organize system files with many different elements?

Specifically, when I have heavy system documents (more than fifty elements, and sometimes as many as a hundred), I find myself scrolling back and forth a lot as I work on how sub-groups interact. Ideally, I’d love to be able to hide/collapse lines in the lens data manager (like I would in Excel) so that when I’m working on say two specific sub groups, I can hide the rest to make it easier to work with, but without switching to different files.

Are there any organization functions that could help make it easier to work with the lens data manager in files like this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 17 April 2023, 14:06

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello @Amy Entin,

There is no way to group things as Excel, however we do have bookmarks and a Go to object functionality. The Go to object tool allows you to go to an object number (just type the number and click ENTER), to an object with a comment or to a bookmark.

In my screenshot you can see that I haven’t defined a shortcut key for this, but if you do then it can be quite efficient.

The shortcut keys can be added under Setup...Project Preferences:

Now if I press CTRL+R and then select an object number, it goes directly to a specific section of the editor.

The bookmarks can be added when you right click in the editor:

They will appear as red arrows.