Thickness of lines is not changing

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I like the image below.  It shows nice thick lines for the surface and rays:

I tried this:

and nothing changed in my rendering of 2D Layout (after refreshing, ...).

and still nothing changed.

Why?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Brian,

It works as expected for me, so I suspect it's somehting in either your graphics settings or graphics driver. Check this page of the Preferences:

and also update your graphics driver to the latest version. If that doesn't do it, I suspect someone at Zemax is going to have to take a look at your machine remotely to see what's going on.

- Mark

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello,

Thanks for your posts here on the forums!

Brian, can you please let us know which version of OpticStudio you are using?

Also, can you please send a screenshot of the Project Preferences Graphics tab to see your settings, or share a ZAR archive file so that we can try to reproduce the issue on our end?

What I can think of is the Modern Graphics setting in the Project Preferences > Graphics.:

If this is set to Layout Plots or All Plots, then the thickness control will be for both rays and surfaces, but not separately.

Please could you also check if the “Default Line & Surface Thickness” and “Default Ray Thickness” in the above image will change thickness in the layouts?

Also, please make sure that the layout is not locked.

Finally, are you using any external monitors? If so, is the problem reproducible in all monitors? What is the model of your monitor?

I hope these help, but if not, please share your settings so that we can take a closer look at this problem.

Best,

Csilla