Solved

Support for *.ZAR uploads on the Community Forums

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Zemax team,

Is it possible to add the *.ZAR filetype as a valid filetype for the uploads in the forums?

Currently, when I try to do it, I get a message:

Sorry, we couldn't upload your file because we don't support that file type. Supported file types: zip, pdf, xml, txt, csv, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png

I think it is not rare that I want to share an archive of an optical system with someone else, without embedding it into a *.ZIP.

Thanks for the good work, and take care,

David

icon

Best answer by Allie 28 July 2021, 17:02

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi David,

Thanks for your question :). As we are hosting our forums through an external platform, we cannot add to the list of supported extensions without their approval. Unfortunately, the company that hosts the forums has declined to add ZAR or ZMX to the list. I will keep pestering them but if I can’t get through, attaching a ZIP will be the best course of action. I apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, I have noted this limitation in the text boxes (shown before you type) and on our posting guidelines page. 

Best,

Allie

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Allie,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it makes sense. Hopefully, one day they’ll change their mind.

Take care,

David