Solved

Sometimes I can hide columns in the LDE sometimes I can't...

• 19 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Using the right click, sometimes ‘hide column’ in the LDE works, sometimes it doesn’t do anything. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Angel Morales 25 March 2022, 20:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi John,

Have you got a clue as to when this might be happening and what you’ve been doing before? I rarely use this feature, but I’ll pay atttention to this issue in the future.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi John,

Thanks for your post, and sorry to hear that you’re having issues with hiding columns in the LDE. I haven’t come across this issue in the past, so it’s hard for me to say what the root cause might be. Does it happen with any specific files or specific columns?

As for general things you can try right now, you could see if updating your graphics drivers allows for more consistent behavior with hiding/showing the LDE. In addition, you could see if deleting the associated ZDA file for a model you’re working with that exhibits this issue solves the problem of being unable to hide LDE columns. If these don’t help, we’ll probably need to see the issue first-hand and try to reproduce it ourselves.

Let us know how these thoughts work out for you, and thanks again for the post!

Userlevel 3
Badge

All I can say is that it seems to be specific to the instance of OS running. I can now hide columns on the same file (both zos and zda files) in which I previously could not. This is pretty obscure and sorry I can’t provide a better capture of the issue.

FYI, my use case of hiding columns is getting a nice layout for screen shot that captures. I find this easier and more configurable than the n x n report graphics. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi John,

Thanks for the added details! That makes sense regarding the use case. I also appreciate the Hide functionality to clean up the editor when I need to look at specific parameters, so I understand how this feature not working correctly would negatively impact your workflow. Unfortunately, I cannot comment much on potential root causes since we cannot reproduce the issue on our end.

However, if this problem does pop up again, and is repeatable, please let us know. If possible, please also share a .ZAR file of the system, as that would allow us to reproduce your system on our end for some further investigation.

Thanks for your comments here, and let us know if you have any more questions!