Solved

simulation of 2D galvano mirrors in Zemax

• 27 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear Zemax Tech Support Team :)

I am new to Zemax (like less then 1 week). I would like to run simulation for 2D galvano mirrors that will be used in scanning laser microscopy. I read/did your tutorials for 1D tilted scan mirror. I wonder whether 2D simulations are possible ( not too complex and complicated)  and if so how to start with it.

Thank you,

Regards,

Marzanna

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 27 February 2023, 18:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Marzanna,

Check out https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005576502-How-to-model-a-scanning-mirror

Hi Mark,

I was following this tutorial and here is my result. I am pretty sure, my first simulation is full of errors.

I am using SL50-2P2 scan lens with TTL200MP tube lens from Thorlabs. They make a telecentric system on he image side. I used black box Zemax files. As they have fixed dimensions and distances, there is not much I can change. However, I got a questions.  

1. How to achieve mirrors configuration like on the image posted in my previous message. They are at 45 degree angles when in on-axis position. They seem to pass the beam instead to reflect it.
  2. How to change the mirror shape? The real mirrors got more oval shape. Using circular shape, they look like they passing through their surface.
  3. Should I use mechanical or optical galvo mirror angle when setting coordinate breaks?
  4. For the different scan angles I need to identify this angle. Can Zemax help me with it?
    1. How to determine FOV from this type of simulation?

I hope you are gonna be able to assist me with it. I am happy to send over Zemax file.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Marzanna