Question

Simulate the illuminance of a complex surface

• 14 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Is it possible to simulate the illuminance of a complex surface by detecting the point values?

I know that the values per pixel can be extrapolated from the detector viewer, but I need a render where I can control the representation of the values with a colorimetric scale.

Has anyone already faced and solved this problem?

Thanks a lot.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Luca,

By complex surface, are you referring to using objects as detectors and then having the render sides used as pixels? It is not clear that this is the case, but if so, then the answer is no. You can get pixels values, but like all detectors, you can only extract information as finely as the pixelation allows. I'm not sure what you mean by a colorimetric scale, but it sounds like the Detector Color object might provide the data you need in that it can display true color, but it cannot be used for arbitrary shapes the way an object as detector can.

Hello Luca,

I hope you are doing well in this pandemic era. I am facing some problem in using the detector color and polar detector. The problems are as follows.

(1) In polar detector, as I am changing the number of analysis rays or the number of the pixel, the results are changing with these pixels and analysis rays number. What should be the typical combination of the pixels and rays number?

(2) Similar problem I am facing with the detector color, as I am changing the number of the pixel the diameter of the illumination spot is changing. I am not able to get the correct numbers of the analysis rays and the pixels to analyse the system.

Can you please help me out of this, I will be very thankful to you.

Best and Regards,

Faheem Ahmad

Hello Kevin,

Can you please help me to sort out the above problems? Response will be appreciated.

Best and Regards,

Faheem Ahmad