Showing file type

• 22 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Infrared
  • 14 replies
I notice when I right click the OS icon on the task bar the list of recent files shows zar files with different icons.  This is really useful.  I would also like to have a way to distinguish NS files from sequential or mixed mode.  Nowadays I tend to have "NS" in the title to help with this but it would be nice to have 3 icon types: sequential/mixed mode, NS, and zar.

The same would also apply to Windows explorer, like the way we have old Z13 session files and zmx files with different icons

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Ian

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. I am not sure it can be done easily. Archive files and zmx files have different icons, so I believe it makes it easier to apply different icons. I will report your suggestion to our product team.

Thank you.

Sandrine
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Our product team has replied and actually Windows doesn't allow this kind of differentiation for file types that have the same extension. The only way to do this would be to change our file extensions to : .seq, .nsc, .mix, but this is not something that will be implemented.