Solved

Settings for non-sequetial

• 9 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, If I am simulating for a white LED with wavelengths of 400-700, do I need to change the wavelength from the default one of for example 628nm. Will only 628nm wavelength be simulated? 

Do periodic boundaries exist, if so, how do I use it.

icon

Best answer by Ray 8 February 2022, 12:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Kai Xin , Thanks for posting your question here.

Yes, you can define your  Wavelength of interest. Double click ‘Wavelength’ and enter your desired Lambda in the Wavelength data editor. And you can also choose any particular wavelength in the highlighted tab.

Hope it helps, If you have further questions please feel free ask.

Thanks and Regards

Ebinesh 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Kai Xin,

In non sequential mode, you can use either the system wavelengths, as defined in sequential mode and seen in Ebinesh’s screenshot, or more complex and realistic spectra.

For system wavelength, there is a “wavenumber” column for each source. This allows to select which of the wavelength is used (in the above screenshot, 4 would be 600nm). You can use 0 to use all.

This is however very limited, esp. for a white LED, and there comes the more realistic way:

In the properties of the source objects (each source can have their own spectrum), you have a “Sources” section. 

At the very right, there is a Color/Spectrum category which offers many options such as black body spectrum or the most useful, spectrum file. This is simply a tabulated text file (it must be uniformly sampled, and is limited to a little above 100 wavelengths).

Zemax comes with a catalogue of spectra (including several white LEDs), and some manufacturers will also provide you theirs (e.g., OSRAM).

O