RMS vs Wavelength Error

• 1 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

After optimizing a lens, my RMS vs Wavelength analysis window showed nothing on the Graph tab, just X and Y axes going from 0 to 1. When switched to the Classic tab, I get some red text stating 'ZGF file has ZERO bytes'. The letter 's' in bytes is cut off at the edge of the window so I thought there may be more to the message, but resizing the window just resizes the text and it's always cutting off the 's'. 

I searched the help documetation for ZGF file and got zero hits. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Sean,

I've seen this error message randomly occuring before. I think it might be caused by a corrupted session file or something like that. Could you please try temporarily removing the session .ZDA file (move it to a different folder) so there is only this lens ZMX file, and open the analysis window one more time to the Classic tab and see if you still see this error message? Or if you simply open one of our sample files, say Cooke triplet and run this analysis and do you still see this error message?

Best regards,

Hui

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello Hui,

I've done what you suggested and did not get the error message either time. 

What exactly is a ZGF file? Some precursor to AGF/BGF?

Thanks,

Sean

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Sean,

Glad that you solved the issue! ZGF files are typically used to store data/settings for generating analysis features, and this error message is indicating that the ZGF file being referenced contains no data (and it therefore can’t be plotted).