Solved

Reconstruction of objective lenses from the patent

• 11 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am learning how to reconstruct the objective from the patent. I tried with https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/f4/46/e9/67ad0174b44df7/US6501603.pdf Embodiment 3, which looks like  this 

My modulation looks like this

the arrows represent errors ( in my opinion) although the thickness between those surfaces is correct with the design specification, I wonder why this happened. I changed the thickness values ( surface 16 and  24) it looks better but it is not the correct value according to the patent.

How much more I can do with this reconstruction to make sure it is as close as possible to the original specification of the patent? My dilemma is that if I apply a merit function and do optimization, it may change the radius and thickness of the surfaces hence the simulation won’t show the real objective performance. 

Regards,

Marzanna

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 17 May 2023, 11:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Marzanna,

I just answered your other question. I might suggest you to read my previous topic as well for this question:

People from the community have given me lots of insights as to how I can optimize the design from the patent and it worked really well for me. If you manage to get a good design, please share it with us, and we can start a collection of objective lens design from patents :)

Take care,

David