Solved

Recommendation on straylight analysis online training

• 19 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am new to straylight analysis in OpticStudio, and would like some recommendation on which module(s) on the “Illumination & Stray Light Learning Plan” to take:

https://www.zemax.com/collections/illumination-stray-light

I will likely be doing ghost and straylight analysis on small refracting and catadrioptric objectives for Earth-observation cameras. I will also need to design baffling systems.

I am pretty sure I won’t need the “Illumination systems: optimization and tolerancing” module but I am not sure if I would need all the other modules to fully understand the last one, “Stray light”, which will be definitely the most useful to me.

Thanks for any comment on this.

Alba

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 21 January 2022, 12:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Alba

Hard to tell, I guess it depends how confident you are in non-sequential mode. If you are, you can probably skip some modules but I suppose that there are some important concepts in Polarization and Ray Splitting and Non-Sequential settings.

You can also have a look at this series of 3 articles: Introduction to stray light analysis - Part 1 to give you an insight on what you learn in the straylight course and see if that is easy for you to follow.

Sandrine