Solved

rays frome one source ignore paraxial lens in NSC

• 2 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am having a weird issue in non sequential ray tracing. rays from a source files ignore a paraxial lens and create unfocused rays on a sensor. Only direct rays are affected. If they are scattered or reflected by a surface i dont see this issue. I have checked that ray never ignore object. Anyone has any idea what is going on ?

purple rays ignore my paraxial/ lens
blue rays from a diode source dont have this issue.
white speckled rays are due to the ray ignoring the paraxial lens

icon

Best answer by Jeff.Wilde 3 June 2023, 01:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I tried opening your file, but many custom auxiliary files are missing.  Can you provide a *.zar version (which will need to be zipped for upload)?

Just added a simplified version (no cad files).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think your problem may be related to the rectangular volume in which you have embedded one of your source file objects.  Any source that is inside of a volume object must have the volume object listed prior to the source in the NCE and should have the “Inside Of” parameter set equal to the number of the object in which the source is embedded.  It appears that you have satisfied both of these requirements for Source File object #11.

However, in your case, the rectangular volume (object #10) is set to ignore all rays, and this may present a problem for the ray tracing code.  I suggest you replace your rectangular volume object with a null object (which can be used as a coordinate reference, which seems to be the sole purpose for your rectangular volume in the current model).  Then, set the “Inside Of” parameter for the source file object #11 equal to 0 and see if that helps.  Alternatively, I think you can probably leave your rectangular volume as is, but go ahead and change the Inside Of parameter for source #11 to 0.

Regards,

Jeff