Skip to main content

Hi Experts,

I’m working on optimizing and evaluating system performance across different fields of view using the RMS radius in the Full Field Spot Diagram (not just the Spot Diagram) in the Merit Function and Universal Plot. Our application requires evaluating all fields of view together or treating them as one. I’m familiar with RSRE and other operators, but they seem to focus more on a single field of view in the Spot Diagram. I haven’t come across an operator that calculates the RMS radius for the Full Field Spot Diagram.

If anyone could offer some guidance or suggestions, I would be truly grateful. Thank you so much in advance for your help!

@Yujie:

I would suggest using the Geometric Image Analysis tool to calculate the ray distribution in the image plane for a given distribution of field points (as defined by the object shape, which in this case would be an IMA file).  After setting up the parameters and getting results that look reasonable, you should save the settings.  Then, you can use the IMAE merit function operand to compute the full-field centroid location and/or RMS radius.

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thank you so much for your help! I’m now able to use Geometric Image Analysis to determine my system parameters.

Best regards,
Yujie