Solved

Problem when I simulated an imported image

• 5 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone

I’m new with Zemax and probably I make some errors.

I need to simulate an image using the image simulation tool (Analyze > Extended scene analysis > Image simulation).

When I select my image, reported below, the software start to compute and then it blocks at 91% and I have to restart the program. The image has 300dpi and it is of 450 kb.

Where do I go wrong ?

Fig.1 - Image to simulate

icon

Best answer by Nicolò.Bassoli 6 October 2021, 15:54

View original

2 replies

Hi Brando

The process of simulating an image could take a lot of time, and in my experience, most of the calculation’s time is spemt at 91% (Maybe is a farirly critical computational step) but eventually is resolves the image if wait long enough without trying to close the window.

However, setting like oversampling, detector size, and pupil and image sampling make the computation very slow. Try to check these settings and wait.

A little suggestion is to initially try to stop the execution(try to close the simulation panel), go the settings of the image simulation (down arrow in the top letf corner of the panel) and remove the check on auto-Apply. Then control every setting, and whren you are done, click OK

Thanks for your reply Nicolò.

I’ve follow your indications but the computational time is very long anyway, but the program is not blocked like I thought. I need only wait.