Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I need some clarification on an issue I'm encountering.

I’ve designed an optical system to visualize the posterior of the eye. Here's a clear outline of the problem:

1. I started with an existing camera intended for retinal imaging and designed a lens system (Lens 1 to Lens 14: Camera Lens) using the specifications from the datasheet. I also added a set of lenses (Lens 15 to Lens 23: FOV Reducer) to decrease the camera lens's field of view (FOV), which originally has a 120-degree FOV.
  1. Now, I want to integrate this camera with my existing assembly, including the last three lenses (Lens 24 to Lens 32). I’ve simulated the combined setup, including the camera lens with sensor considerations, the FOV reducer, the existing lenses, and the eye. The simulation shows that the focus is on the retina.
  1. However, when I set up this system on the benchtop, I consistently see the iris in focus but not the retina.

I would appreciate any insights or comments on why I might be unable to focus on the retina as intended. For reference, I am attaching a compressed folder with the design details.

Thank you for your attention, will be waiting everyone insight on the problem.

Regards,

Ashok

This is a duplicate of

and