Solved

Pop up window

• 18 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

How can I enable the pop up message window in OpticStudio when opening the file? Zemax used to have the pop up window to notify such as design note or other important design information. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Allie 18 January 2022, 21:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Sooyong - I have spoken to a few of my colleagues and checked older versions of OpticStudio and Zemax but I haven’t been able to find any functionality like this. Could you be thinking of OpticsBuilder functionality instead? OpticsBuilder files offer the ability to store a note which pops up after loading the lens into the CAD environment. This functionality is not a part of OpticStudio, though.

However, you can still share important design information within the System Explorer...Title/Notes portion of the program. When you add a Note, it will also show up in the System Explorer and in the System Data report (shown below). 

Could something like this work for you instead? I can submit a feature request on your behalf if you’d prefer to see something more urgent upon opening your file. Let me know :). 

Badge

Hi Allie,

I think it was the Zemax. If the function is not available in OpticStudio, it seems your suggestion is the way. Thank you. Sooyong

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Sooyong,

This is the closest I could find in Z13. Is this what you’re thinking of?

It’s the same item I pointed out in OpticStudio. However in Zemax, the System Explorer is modular instead of pinned by default. That might be why it seems different. If you’re thinking of something else, shoot me a screenshot and I’ll see what I can find! 

Badge

Hi Allie,

You maybe right. I’m thinking of some other software but can’t remember which one was that. Maybe FRED…. Thank you for the follow up.