Solved

Phase Mask

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to import an image into OpticStudio and have that incorporated into the light path? For example, I’d like to import an PNG file (Example: a white background with a black rectangular outline) and have light passing through it and observe the wavefront distortions that result. How can I do this?

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 29 September 2022, 20:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Madison,

The Slide Surface in sequential mode and Slide Object in non-sequential mode will allow you to import a bitmap image and then pass rays through it. Note that it is the intensity of the rays that is modulated by the bitmap, not their phase.

• Mark
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Madison,

We also have an option to convert an image into a grid phase surface:

Hey Madison,

The Slide Surface in sequential mode and Slide Object in non-sequential mode will allow you to import a bitmap image and then pass rays through it. Note that it is the intensity of the rays that is modulated by the bitmap, not their phase.

• Mark

How to get the phase modulated then? Suppose i want to reconstruct a phase CGH by illuminating it with rays in zemax. can that be done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@brarnavreen:

You should use POP to model diffraction from a CGH/DOE.  This post may be of some help: