Solved

Phase map for a spectrally large source

• 16 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello,

On the sequential mode of Zemax, the source is represented by just one wavelength. I would like to know if it is possible to see the phase map for a source with a spectral width with the sequential mode of Zemax ?

If it is not possible directly, maybe I can save the value of the graph RMS vs Wavelength for my spectral range and after i will manipulate these data to add a weight on each wavelength ? 

Thanks for your answers

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 17 December 2021, 18:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Try a Universal plot where you scan the wavelength over whatever range while plotting the operant that corresponds to your y-axis variable

Thank you for your answer Mark ! 

By Universal plot, you mean the RMS Vs Wavelength ? 

Because my problem in this case is that there is no notion of the light spectral distribution. I mean, if my source is centered at 625nm with a FWMH of 10nm, the contribution of 625nm in the phase map will be higher than the contribution of 620nm for example. And this is what I want to see : the final phase map obtained thanks to all the wavelength present in my light source but with the good contribution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nope: I mean the Universal Plot :sunglasses: It’s a special plot type that lets you define the x and y axes. Put wavelength on the X axis and something like OPTH on the y and you should have what you want.