Skip to main content

Hi everybody, 

I would like to know if there is a way to add the wavelength of the constructor files as a variable in the playback file when optimizing in an Optically Fabricated Hologram.

I have managed to perform optimizations on geometrical variables (distances and angles) from the constructor files, but I can’t seem to manage to import the constructor wavelength as a variable (operand) into the playback file.

Thanks a lot for your help, 

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes, I have done this before. If you apply variables to the system wavelengths in the construction files (child files) for the optically fabricated hologram, you can allow those to vary in optimization of the playback file. You can do this through the multi-configuration editor in the child files. By using the WAVE tag in the MCE, you can query the wavelength and apply a variable to it. In the playback file, those variables will be pulled in for optimization through the HLGV operands. Make sure to place a pickup on one of them relative to the other such that the construction wavelength stays the same across the files.