OpticStudio 21.3.2 bugs

• 7 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is the latest version of OpticStudio frequently unresponsive for others?  It crashed on me a couple of times and I’ve only used it for a couple of days.  I keep getting Windows notifications that it’s unresponsive and “autosave” popups that seem to be stalling any other applications that are running.  

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have experienced more crashes than usual when copying the shaded view in non sequential mode. This has always been very crash prone, but I feel that it is even worse than before. I have switched to using screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Donna,

Haven’t had any issues so far. I’d recommend to update your drivers if not done already, particularly the graphics ones. Is it happening more frequently with some specific features of OpticStudio?

Take care,

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Works fine for me too. I’d recommend running Windows Update and getting the latest driver for your graphic card. I’m a bit OCD about this but is seems to keep me clear of odd app performance issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So I did some checks with Non-sequential files and did find some issues with Boolean objects. I’ve reported them to support. - M

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks all!  I went back to the previous OpticStudio release and had similar issues, so I figure the problem wasn’t the latest update, but probably just that the sampling I had set was too high.  First time I’ve seen those autosave popups, though!