Skip to main content

Hello,

I am currently trying to build an OAP mirror that will collimate a gaussian source that is diverging at an angle of roughly 40 degrees. The light source diverging will engulf the mirror when it reaches that far, so the mirror is only capturing a fraction of the total light emitted from the source. Ideally my off-axis distance is roughly 6 in (152.4mm), so my source is off centered from the mirror “center axis” by 6in. My source is at the focal length of the mirror so when light reflects it is collimated (I think?). My mirror has a focal length of 60 in (1524mm) and a diameter of 6 inches and is parabolic. I will attach a picture of my model below.

This is my “severalith” attempt at creating it but am not having much luck. I am unable to get the light collimated at the detector. I have tried using the merit function to optimize it as well but am clearly not having much luck with that since it keeps moving my source off of the mirror. I have also tried to follow along with the How to model an off-axis parabolic mirror – Knowledgebase (zemax.com) as well as another post or two, but again I cannot get the light collimated. 

Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Be the first to reply!