Objective lens implementation from patent

Show first post

27 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi David! Thanks for starting such a great conversation :). And thanks to all of these great experts for responding!

That’s strange behavior re: the notification. I don’t have an answer but I do have a guess. The way the forums work is that they only notify you once (with a single email) about replies to a thread you follow, even if there are multiple. Once you log in and view the post again, that notification system resets and you will then be notified again for a future reply. Could you have had this thread open on an active browser window when the new replies came in? Or perhaps missed the initial notification? I am specifically not tagging you in this reply so we can test to see if you are notified.

By the way - I don’t think Sandrine and I were able to meet up about sharing your design file before she left the company. I just saw your question now while reading through this thread. I think there are two options for spreading this example if you want:

1. Write up a Knowledgebase article
  2. Send it in as a file to be distributed in the Zemax samples

Both of these options would put the file in the hands of Ansys Zemax, so if you want to make any changes you would have to go through us. If you think you’d want to revise it relatively often (at least 1-2x/year) then storing it on the forums would probably be better. I could make a sub-forum or a tag for you in that case. What do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Allie,

Thank you for your message. I did recieve a notification of your comment, so perhaps I missed one of the notifications before as you say. Sorry for bothering you with that, I’ll monitor the situation and if it happens again I’ll let you know.

Thank you for the suggestions about spreading this design. I don’t feel too comfortable about writing about this design, its only an implementation of a patent, and I don’t think I’m qualified for that. Perhaps we keep it here on the forum as you said. I struggled to find an immersion objective lens that fit our requirements before, that’s why I tried to implement the patent. I’m hoping that someone in the same situation in the future manages to find this post.

Thanks for your help gain @Allie and take care,

David