Solved

NSC Shaded Model viewer takes enormous time to finish update and settle

• 12 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I am using OpticStudio21.2.1 and its NSV Shaded model viewer takes enormous time (~20min) to finish update. 

Showing objects are 6 rectangular detectors, 9 source points, 45 layout rays.

Once the updated is settled, I rock the update but the initial update (or every time I changed object coordinates) it goes to update and takes ~20min to finish the update and it is a pain.

Anybody knows what is going on and how to solve this?

Regards

Kazu

icon

Best answer by David 13 August 2021, 02:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The only thing I can think of is that the detectors have a lot of pixels and the shaded model is set to color pixels by rays on layout or by last analysis. That can slow things down, but even for that 20 minutes seems excessive. If the layout is set to color pixels on the detectors, you could check to see if that’s the problem by setting it to not color pixels.

Kind regards,

David

Hello David-san

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

It was a bingo!! and solved my problem.

I set 1K x 1K pix for each of seven detectors before because I thought each of those pixels would be calculated

only when I run simulation, and no calculation would happen when just displaying the model.

Seeing your suggestion, I set 2x2 for each detector and then the model display completed immidiately.

Thanks again for your help!!

Regards

Kazu

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

You are very welcome, Kazu. In cases like this I often use detector viewers during the design process and only display pixels on a shaded model when I need an illustration. This means I can keep the detectors at full resolution throughout the design process. 
Kind regards,

David

OK, I understood. Thanks!

Regards

Kazu