Solved

Need more lens drawing viewpoints, including user-defined angles

• 8 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

ZOS lens drawing routines only offer X-Y, Y-Z, X-Z and isometric views.  We often need to repeatedly see an optical system from more angles than that, and it would be wonderful to additionally have user-defined view angles that could be set in Setup/Project Preferences/Graphics.  Anyone else for a +1 on this?

Thanks, Mike

icon

Best answer by MichaelH 8 September 2022, 21:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

To continue this conversation, it would be great if the following was added to the Layouts:

• View angles via the API
  • Annotations via the API
  • *Values for the Zoom & ability to enter these values into the settings
  • *Values for Pan & ability to enter these values into the settings
  • Cross section values & ability to use arrow keys rather than a mouse to move the cross section plane
  • Ability to color lenses in the Layout/3D Layout/NSC 3D Layout (right now can only change colors in Shaded Model)

* the main idea is it’s almost impossible to recreate a Layout by only using a mouse...I want the ability to exactly recreate any view/projection with accuracy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Plus 1 for me, please. I would especially like numerical control of viewpoint and also numerical control of cut planes, with the ability to store all as a named preset. I would also like an upgrade to annotations including better control of fonts and the ability to move annotations with the mouse rather than editing coordinates.