Solved

Nano-Structured Anti-Reflective Surfaces

Could you help me simulate Nano-Structured Anti-Reflective 'coating' on lenses? 

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 14 May 2021, 10:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Aleksandr,

If you know the different layers of the AR coating, you can create a new coating using the syntax COAT. Have a look in the help file for more details.

For example, that article shows different AR coatings Common examples from Essential Macleod coatings which are in the default COATING.DAT file. If you edit the coating file, you can search for AR_400-700_3L:

It will show the 3 layers that define the AR coating. The materials of the 3 layers are defined at the top of the coating file with the keyword MATE.

If you make any modification to the coating file, save it under a new name as this default COATING.DAT is overwritten at each installation of the software.

Let us know if you need more help.

Sandrine

Hi Sandrine

I mean structures like below. How possible used them with zemax?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319926514_Development_of_nanostructured_antireflection_coatings_for_infrared_technologies_and_applications 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Aleksandr

These kind of structures are very small so pure geometric optics is not applicable and our coatings do not allow for these kind of definition. One of my colleague has worked on a dll to model the grooves of the surface of a relief grating Simulating diffraction efficiency of surface-relief grating using the RCWA method. Maybe you could use it to describe the structure as shown on b.

Another possibility would be to get a measure of these structures and describe them in terms of scattering.

These are the main two ways I can think of.

Sandrine