Solved

Multi coated or patterned coting on a flat lens

• 1 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to model a checkered patterned coating with two different refractive indices on the single surface of the flat lens. At this point I am not aware of whether it can be done with zemax or not, can anyone help me in this regard?

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 11 April 2022, 11:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I htink you could do this using multiple configurations.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello Navaneeth Tejasvi

Did you manage that out what you intended?

I also wonder if there is a way to do so?

Right off the bat an idea came to my mind; you may try to model every checkered region as an assembly of all regions in CAD environment. In zemax part designer module may also work for you. Then you can assign material to each of the region.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Navaneeth Tejasvi

I think both ideas above are good. You could create a first element of the pattern using the Boolean Native object:

Then this element can be repeated in two arrays with different materials: one array can have an offset.

I have attached a file as an example. Let us know if that can work for you?

Hello Navaneeth Tejasvi

Did you manage that out what you intended?

I also wonder if there is a way to do so?

Right off the bat an idea came to my mind; you may try to model every checkered region as an assembly of all regions in CAD environment. In zemax part designer module may also work for you. Then you can assign material to each of the region.

Thank you, I am bit new to many things in Zemax but this seems rather easy to follow.

This seems very interesting as this is the kind of array I need to design, if I can design something like this with thickness of my choice it will be wonderful, will let you know if it works. Thanks again

Hello Navaneeth Tejasvi

I think both ideas above are good. You could create a first element of the pattern using the Boolean Native object:

Then this element can be repeated in two arrays with different materials: one array can have an offset.

I have attached a file as an example. Let us know if that can work for you?

This seems interesting, thanks will try it and let you know