Modelling an x-ray imaging setub with elliptic mirrors

• 14 August 2020
  • 0 replies

Edit: I have no idea how the typo in the title happened but I can't fix it. Sorry for that!

Hello,

I am trying to build an x-ray imaging setup which bases on Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT). For this reason I need to be able to focus broadband x-ray radiation from a plasma source on my sample and collect the reflect light in a spectrometer. I want to do this by using two identical ellitical mirrors. Sometimes also referred to as capillary condenser even if they have a bigger diameter in my case. So they have a ellipsoidal shape.

I am trying to simulate this setup with Zemax. I never 'learned' how to use it and am mostly an autodidact. In a first step I simulated a single ellipsoidal mirror with my geometry and look at the resulting spot on my sample, just using a conic surface. Now I want to put the second ellipsoidal mirror behind the first one and look at the spot which I would have in my spectrometer. But I can't get it to work. The rays are just not reflected at the second surface.

Also is there a more elegant way to generate the elliptic surface? The real mirror is not a full length ellipsoidal but rather just a 'cutout' with a length of 105mm (the two focal points have a distance of 400mm). I placed an aperture in front of the mirror to select the part of the mirror which I have in reality.

Any help is sincerely appreciated. Let me know if there are any further questions or something isn't clear.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!