Solved

Modeling multiple wavelength from multiple sources

• 28 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Can ZEMAX model different wavelength with different sources without using multiple configuration? The reason is that I would want to see all the light collimated to a single point which is to lens 2 

icon

Best answer by Chandan.Maurya 29 March 2023, 05:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hii...

I guess single source can be modeled with different wavelengths, but if you want to use different source you have to use MCE (using operand APER) with different aperture value as your source requires. You can optimize all the configuration at once for collimation and check the collimation quality for all of that using REAY or RAED operand for each configuration in merit function editor.

Hope this is helpful!

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the reply Chandan!

Do you have a case study on this to help me better understand how all things link together?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, I don't have the exact case study for your problem. 

There is a presentation slides from "College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona" here for designing and optimizing a zoom lens. This design also consider different focal length for different configuration (in your case collimation of different source) and hence MCE optimization as in your case.

You can setup your merit function editor for different configuration as shown in the slid number 31 of attached presentation.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks.