Solved

Measurement of Exit Pupil of eyepiece with dynameter.

• 11 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Dear all,

Is it possible to measure the exit pupil of night vision camera through DYANAMETER? If it Yes, Then how?

Thanks

Girish

icon

Best answer by Angel Morales 14 October 2021, 00:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Girish,

Thanks for posting on our forums!

When you mention measuring the exit pupil through a dynameter, are you meaning that you have a lens file with both the night vision camera and the dynameter in one model? If so, would you be able to input a collimated beam and see what the spot looks like after passing through the camera, dynameter, and then eye (it looks like dynameters are typically visual instruments)? I am basing my understanding from the images here: Dynameter - Wikipedia

Or, maybe I am misunderstanding your question? If you had a file in mind to use or perhaps a diagram, perhaps we could offer some more insight.

Thanks!

hello Angel,

Thanks for your valuable comments.

I don't have Dyanameter Design file.

I have night vision device, I want to measure the exit pupil and eye relief of my night vision device.

So, I have decided to purchasing Dyanameter.

So, my doubt was, Is it possible to measure the exit pupil and eye relief of my night vision device through Dyanameter.

Thankyou

Yeah, it is possible with Dyanameter. Dyanameter has the reticle to measure the Exit pupil.