Solved

LED Illumination Pattern

• 18 April 2022
  • 1 reply

I’d like to optimize my current arrangement of my LEDs (for example 50) so that i get the most homogeneous illumination possible on the detector rectangle. The whole system is in a box and every time i optimize, the LEDs are positioned outside of the box or closer together than in the beginning. The image on the detector is also worse after the optimization. I’m thankful for any tips :)

icon

Best answer by Berta.Bernad 27 April 2022, 15:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Anna,

You can constrain non-sequential parameters such as X and Y position in your merit function. Have a look at the help files: The Optimize Tab (sequential ui mode) > Automatic Optimization Group > Merit Function Editor (automatic optimization group) > Optimization Operands by Category > Constraints on Non-sequential Object Data and you will find merit function operands for Non-Sequential systems such as NPXG, NPXL, NPYG, NPYL, NPZG or NPZL which will help you to constrain the object position. 

You may also find useful the Reference object column in the Non-Sequential editor, which will allow you to reference an object’s position and rotation relative to another object.