Solved

Layingout zoom lens

• 14 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone,

I am trying to warm myself up on trying to layout zoom lens. In my practice example I am trying to make a number of lens to have 3 zoom locations. 

For the beginning I started with 7 lenses, I am taking effort on making the lens layout applicable for 3 configurations having 3 different focal distances for zooming purpose.

Although my initial configuration come out pretty well -not hard to have an initial configuration- when it is the turn to determine the rest of the other zoom configurations that might become painstaking. I make use of Multi-Configuration Editor for 3 different configurations. I haven't got a confident clear workflow on making zoom configurations yet.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Best Wishes

icon

Best answer by Flurin Herren 29 July 2021, 11:54

View original

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi Önder,

Thank you for posting here in the forum and apologies for the late reply.

Given your Multi-Configuration System with three configurations, I would recommend to apply three Distance surfaces (You can color code them) and then simulate a physical lens movement with the THIC operand.

You can find all Multi-Configuration Operands and information about Multi-Configuration Systems in the Help File here:

Additionally it could be said that if you want to add more configurations that from a certain amount on it would make sense to apply a macro.

Let me know if that works for you and if you have follow-up questions.

Best,