Solved

ISO Drawings

• 17 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi,

I am trying to create an ISO drawing from my lens design. I have the followin issues:

1. My lens is not round but square. I created it from a rounded lens with a square 'Aperture' in the lens data editor. In the drawing it still showing up as a round lens. How can I correct this?

2. I am only seeing the Y-Z view. How can I add another prospective?

3. I would like to add tolerances on the roughness of the surfaces  on the side of the lens. How can I do that?

Thank you

Regards

Alessandra

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 17 August 2020, 16:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Alessandra,

Currently, the ISO 10110 element drawing doesn’t support rectangular aperture shape, since the drawing is considering your system to be rotationally symetric, and therefore is a 2D element drawing. However, there are several means for you to add the comments to indicate the rectangular aperture shape:

1. You can use the drawing and annotation tools in the ISO drawing window to add comments somewhere in the drawing to indicate what you want to express.

2. You can use the layout export as a 3D dxf.

3. You may want to use CAD export tools to export standard 3D CAD format like STEP/IGES, then use CAD package to export CAD drawing. This is more flexible.

Regarding the views, the ISO drawing only displays the view of the object in the Y-Z plane. As a potential workaround, you could lock (or save) an ISO drawing with the current Y-Z orientation and then adjust the element model such that the former X-Z plane is defined in the Y-Z plane. You could then make (or save) another ISO drawing from this perspective. If needed, in the ISO Element Drawing tool’s Settings Menu there is also space under L Surf/R Surf Codes 5-6 and Material – Codes 0-2 to define an “Other” section where you can leave a note to specify the different orientations. You can also add additional notes to the window (and all windows) using the Address Lines located under Setup > Project Preferences > Address and in the System Explorer under Title/Notes.

For the tolerances, tolerance data can be directly entered in the ISO Element Drawing settings, by manually populating the appropriate “- tol” and “+ tol” columns, as well as relevant error entries, such as Form error. However, if you have already completed a tolerance analysis, then tolerances are already specified in the Tolerance Data Editor (TDE). In such cases, tolerances can be simply imported from the TDE by clicking “Reset from TDE”, in the General tab.

You may read more about the topic in the How to use the ISO Element Drawing knowledge base article.

If you have further questions, please let us know!

Best,

Csilla