Insert lens issue

• 7 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Anyone else have an issue inserting a lens created in .zos format? it seems to default to surface 1… i’m using 21.3.1… i tried again converting to lens file to be inserted to .zmx format and it seemed to work ok

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I see the same problem with the Insert Lens feature in 21.3.2 (*.zmx works properly, while a *.zos model inserts at surface 1 despite selecting a different surface).

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Paul and Jeff,

Thanks for your posts here and for bringing this to our attention. Yes, it seems that there is some unexpected behavior when you use Insert Lens and select a .ZOS file to be inserted. My observations are the same with respect to a workaround -- whether you are actively working with a .ZMX or .ZOS file, when you use Insert Lens, inserting a .ZMX file will correctly insert at your selected surface. So, at this time, we’d recommend inserting just .ZMX files until this is rectified.

I’ll be writing a bug report and submitting it for review by our Development Team. Please let us know if we can provide any more help, and we’ll be happy to do so. Thanks!