Solved

How to setup a subsystem based on a full seq-mode system

Badge +1

Hi,

If I have a sequential mode system which have a bunch of optical elements, for instance, from surface 1 to surface 100, and I would like to setup portion of the whole system , for instance, from surface 30 to surface 45 as a subsystem (suppose there is an intermediate image after surface 45), I don’t know what information I should get from full system in order to setup the sub-system for ray tracing?

Thanks,

Ying

icon

Best answer by Mark.Nicholson 28 May 2022, 20:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Use the Make Conjugate System tool in the Multi-Configuration Editor toolbar.

This creates a subset of the optical system which models imaging between any two conjugate surfaces as a new configuration.  This feature is useful for evaluating or optimizing the performance of the optical system between any two surfaces of the design.

Remember you may also need to zoom the aperture and field definitions in the new configuration.

• Mark
Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. The main reason I created a subsystem is that I would like to send out sub-system out for troubleshooting, and I don’t want to share whole system information in order to protect I.P.

In this case, can you kindly let me know how to arrange it?

Thanks,

Ying

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Maybe export the bits you don’t want to expose into Black Box files?

Or copy/paste the desired surfaces into a new file and set the aperture and field appropriately in that file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Run the Design Lockdown tool before eother of those to lock the surface aperture data.

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

To export what I don’t want to expose into a BB file is a good idea! Thanks!

For the second method as you suggested:

“ Or copy/paste the desired surfaces into a new file and set the aperture and field appropriately in that file?”

I don’t know how to set aperture and field appropriately in the new file; for instance, below if I export the parts in the red box out, how to get information on the new starting surface that I can make it match with old whole system?

Regards,

Ying

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

I am working on blackbox, however I get the error message as shown below. My system is a complex one, it does have several CBs and only can show in 3D viewer. what to do in this case?

Thanks,

Ying