Solved

How to set initial beam condition

• 30 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

Can you guys help me.

Firstly, my plan is to make two optical system. The first system used gaussian as the beam source and I put wavefront aberration surface to disturb the beam condition. As the result, we can see the changed of the beam center of gravity, beam diameter and others at the image.

So, my plan is to take the image result of beam diameter and others beam conditions into the second optical system, which means I want to use the beam condition that I received at the image of the first optical system as the initial beam at the second optical system. Can someone show the step on how to do it?    

Maybe there is something that I did not realized or maybe I don’t have the right knowledge about it. I would love to know and learn.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 30 November 2020, 13:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi

Thank you for your message. How do you model this? Is it in sequential or non-sequential mode? Are you using ray-tracing?

Here are a few things that may help:

- In non-sequential mode, you can save rays onto an object and make it a new source file. To do this, you will run a raytrace and save this raytrace as '6-NewSource.SDF'. That will create a source file NewSource.SDF of the rays that hit object 6.

- In sequential mode, you can save your wavefront with Zernike. Have a look at this article: How to model a black-box optical system using Zernike coefficients

- If using POP, you can save your output beam as a ZBF. Then the ZBF can be the initial beam.

Do not hesitate if you have any following questions as these are just ideas to get your started (hopefully!).

Sandrine