Solved

How to ignore errors in NSC universal plots

• 5 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am trying to calculate an universal plot of a NSC system with a Tabulated Faceted Toroid, and I want to use the number of facets of the toroid as the independent variable X and the merit function (which is the basic RMS spot radius value obatined with the optimization wizard at a rectangular detector) as the dependent variable Y. However, I keep getting geometrical errors, which interrupt the calculations.

Is there a way to ignore these errors, as can be done with the NSC ray trace?

Thanks in advance,

Michele

icon

Best answer by Csilla Timar-Fulep 5 November 2020, 12:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your question here!

A potential workaround to ignore ray trace errors for the universal plot is to define a Merit Function in which the  NSTR ray trace operand ignores errors. You can set this by enabling the “IgEr?” property.

You may find more information about the NSTR operand in the Help Files at The Optimize Tab (sequential ui mode) > Automatic Optimization Group > Merit Function Editor (automatic optimization group) > Optimization Operands by Category > Non-sequential Ray Tracing and Detector Operands

You may set the ignore error property either directly in the Merit Function Editor:

or in the Optimization Wizard as well when generating the Merit Function:

Then, you can modify your settings for the Universal Plot to call any operand performing analysis on that particular NSTR from the Merit Function itself:

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Best,

Csilla