Solved

How to Evaluate Zernike Values with Multiple-Configs in Tolerancing

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’d like to know how to output a set of Zernike values when running Tolerancing when I have two separate configurations?

Setup: There are two wavefronts being evaluated in each configuration. Tolerancing is setup to run a User Tolerance Script. The TSC loads a merit function with criterion for both configurations. There is a setting under Tolerancing→ Criterion that allows for the configuration to be set to “All”, “1/2” and “2/2”. The TSC computes the standard Zernike terms within and reports them to an output TXT file.

Issue: Running in any CFG mode produces the nominal system output and only one evaluation of the MIN/MAX tolerance. If running in “All” mode, the Zernike values for CFG 1 are reported, same as running in “1/2” mode. Running in “2/2” modes, the Zernike values expected for CFG 2 are reported. 

Question: Is there a trigger for the TSC or a setting such that Zernike values for both configs are output during a single tolerancing run? Given the TSC is called at each iteration in Tolerancing, I’m not sure how the stack works or how to trigger an output for a given CFG.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 27 March 2023, 12:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @elavilla 

When you run a tolerancing with a built-in criterion (by this I mean a criterion which is NOT a merit function or a user script), the setting “Separate Fields/Config” will be available and in that case the software will run the tolerancing separately for the fields and configurations and will report the results in each case.

When you run the tolerancing using a custom criterion, you will have to use a user script to report different lines of the merit function.

The user script can report any values of the merit function. The article below may help:
https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005575382-How-to-get-any-optimization-operand-value-in-the-tolerance-report

Let us know if you have any further questions.