Question

How to compensate for wave aberration

• 16 March 2024
  • 6 replies

• Single Emitter
  • 3 replies

‘Modelling of a Shack-Hartmann Sensor for eye aberration evaluation’ - in this tutorial, if I calculate the wavefront aberration after a surface, let’s say at surface 14, then we will get some wavefront aberration ( which we can know from the standard Zernike coefficient data). Now, can I add a surface that will help to compensate for the aberration due to the previous surfaces so that I can get a flat wavefront?

Please help me… thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

You can try to add Zernike Standard Phase or similar Zernikes surfaces for this case.

This is the Zernike standard coefficient data. Now, I have to make all these aberrations zero. According to your suggestions, which values do I need to put for the Zernike standard phase in order to get the flat WF? As I checked, if I just put the opposite number of the above value for, let’s say, z1, z2, z3, etc., it is not working.
Thank you…

Userlevel 3
Badge

Did you try phase surface?

Yeah, I tried with Zernike fringe phase and put numbers for zernike coefficients values z1, z2, z3 etc. Thus I can reduce the aberrations.  But, can you please say how the aberrations are changing ? As the values I am putting india the lens editor for phase surface are probably in lens unit (mm) but the Zernike standard coefficients are in wave units. So, is there any relation between them?

Thanks for the previous comments.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Please check this article:

https://support.zemax.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500005575422-How-to-model-a-black-box-optical-system-using-Zernike-coefficients

Okay, I will check. thanks