Question

how single mode coupling efficiency is calculated ?

• 6 September 2023
  • 0 replies

Dear Experts,

I have an optical system consisting of some lenses and reflecting telescopes. The gaussian beam is propagating from a single mode fiber and travelling through lenses and telescopes and finally getting collected by another single mode fiber The coupling efficiency is coming as shown below.

I have searched and gone through the zemax knowledgebase about single mode fiber coupling but I didn't get the detail calculation. I want to know about the calculation of system efficiency, receiver efficiency and coupling efficiency. 

The system efficiency, S is calculated using source fiber amplitude function and the amplitude transfer function. I want to know how these functions are calculated and what are the value for our design.

Similarly, for calculation of T, the function describing receiving fiber complex amplitude Fr(x,y) and function describing complex amplitude of wavefront from exit pupil W(x,y) is used. How this functions are calculated? can I get what are the value of this functions for our design ?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!