Solved

Grid Sag multi dat file import using Multi Configuration editor

• 31 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

I would like to model a multi channel optical system using the Multi Configuration editor.

However, for each optical channel I have a different optical surface (‘dat file’) I would like import using Grid Sag option.

Is there a way to import multiple optical grid sag surfaces using the Multi Configuration editor?

Thank you

I would like change the import data file between each channel (config) in the MC editor

icon

Best answer by David.Nguyen 31 August 2022, 14:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Leonid,

In case you tried it, having MCOM in the Multi-Configuration Editor and changing the Comment string doesn’t seem to work (I think it is only for display).

However, you could define as many overlapping surfaces as you need, and use IGNR to ignore all of them but the one you are interested in for each configuration.

Let me know if this works for you.

Take care,

David

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Leonid,

To emphasize David’s post, the Comment section in the LDE after you “Import” a Grid Sag is only for visual purposes.  If you actually import a Grid Sag and look at the ZMX text file, you can see that the actual grid points themselves are saved in the ZMX file.  Also, if you manually change the Comment column, it doesn't affect the Grid Sag data points in the ZMX file.  

Although some Grid Sag files are very quick to parse/fit, this is not always the case.  That's why OpticStudio “pre-processes” Grid Sag files & saves them directly to ZMX rather than load them dynamically from the Comment column.  Using the IGNR operand should work.  

David and Michael,

Thank you vey much for your helpful replies. We will apply it to our file

Leonid