Solved

Glass Fitting Tool, Catalog Error

• 25 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am attempting to input index data within the glass fitting tool and encountered an error when selecting an existing catalog to add the material to. OpticStudio seems to be replacing the first character of each catalog and there is no way that I can see to manually enter the catalog name. Attached is a photo showing the issue. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Glass Fitting Tool: Add to catalog error.

Thank you,

Andrew

icon

Best answer by Ethan 27 December 2022, 21:35

View original

2 replies

For added mystery, the character changes on every instance of opening up the Glass Fitting Tool.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Luxima_Andrew,

Apologies on the delayed response to your question. This indeed is very odd behavior that I haven’t seen. I hope you resolved your issue, but in case you haven’t or for the benefit of others, I wanted to suggest a few things to try/check:

1. Check that the Zemax\Glasscat folder is not corrupted or otherwise compromised. Are the file names showing properly there?
  2. Check to see if the Material Catalog also shows these odd filenames to determine if this is widespread or exclusive to the Glass Fitting Tool.
  3. Try reinstalling OpticStudio to make sure that any possibly corrupted files return to their default state.

Best,
Ethan