Solved

glass can't be found after zemax upgrade

• 8 October 2021
  • 4 replies

After zemax upgrade the material can’t be found in catalog, AD5503, anyone know which catalog I should download? 

icon

Best answer by David 10 October 2021, 22:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I don’t find the glass in the current OS either. But I do find it online as a polycarbonate offered by Teijin here.

They list its index as 1.584 and Abbe number as 30. This is quite close to POLYCARB found in the Misc catalog, which is 1.585, 29.91. So it may be sufficient to replace AD5503 with POLYCARB in the design file.

You could also contact Teijin for more precise data and build a custom glass, or use Teijin’s values in a model glass.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks @David 

Also @Jason.Guan - it could be that your lens file was using a Project Directory instead of deferring to the general Zemax\Glasscat folder. Project Directories are new to 21.3 and provide a new lensfile-specific location for your glass catalogs. If your file is using the Project Directory option, but does not have the appropriate information stored in your project-specific Glasscat folder, then you will see a similar error. For more information on the new Project Directory featured, please see these links:

Using Project Directories to organize OpticStudio files – Knowledgebase (zemax.com)

"Convert to Project Directory" new feature: two issues | Zemax Community

Hi Allie, 

Thanks for the reply. From zemax setting I know the folder of glasscat, in my understanding that’s the folder where I should find all the material files. I think I am not using project directory feature since I haven’t chosen to convert to project directory. After reinstallation of zemax I saw material missing popup messages. I copied the glass file into the folder, then everything worked. It seems to me the new version just removed a few default catalogs.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello Jason

I have checked on my side and it seems that AD5503 was not part of the default catalog. 

I will confirm this with my colleague in charge of the vendor data.