Solved

GGD input file

• 27 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Our team tried hard today to input a GGD file (placed in Glasscat folder) which contains the 3D index map of one of our desired gradient index lenses in order to trace the rays by Zemax.  While the exisiting sample file "Sample.GGD" in Glasscat with Grid Gradient surface type works perfectly, none of our own generated files works.  When updating  with our own GGD file, we always get this error message: "Internal Error! nx, ny, nz Sizes are incorrect".

Attached you will find one of our GGD files.  We do not have any clue how to move forward with this problem now and appreciate your great help.

Best,

Hooman Akhavan

Voxtel Corporation, OR USA

icon

Best answer by markgnicholson 28 July 2019, 06:39

View original

5 replies

Hi Hooman,

The NX, NY and NZ values are the number of x, y and z points in the file, respectively. These values must be greater than 5. In your file, NZ=3.

- Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes! Now it works.  Thank you so much for your great help and support.

Best,

Hooman

My pleasure :-)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This may be late, but I would like to share a macro to generate GGD file based on your equation.  I add many comments in the macro to explain how to use it. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi everyone! I have moved Michael’s ZPL macro to the Code Exchange for more clarity. It is available for all users.