Geometric Bitmap Image Analysis automatically updates

• 24 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge
I am doing an image simulation using the Geometric Bitmap Analysis. I am saving the results to a .bmp file. I am doing several image simulations by changing a certain parameter in my multi-config file and then re-doing the simulation. The problem is the Geometric Bitmap window keeps updating as soon as I change a parameter. I don't want it to start going until I click OK, so I can make sure I have all the settings I want.

Is there a way to stop the window from automatically updating? I have "Auto Apply" unchecked in the window settings. Under project preferences, under general, I have "Auto Apply" unchecked. Still though, when I change a parameter in my multi-config file, the geometric bitmap is off an running with the wrong settings, causing me to terminate the window each time.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Stephen,

Within the toolbar of each editor, there is a drop-down menu that allows us to set the update status for the lens file. By default, this menu has "Update: All Windows" selected. This means that every change within an editor is applied to every open analysis window and layout view. To make changes to the editors without updating everything else, you can choose "Update: Editors Only" or "Update: None" from this menu:

Now, after you have made all necessary changes to the MCE, you can push those changes out by clicking the "Update All" button at the top left of the OpticStudio window:

This setting may also be changed by navigating to Setup...Project Preferences...Editors...Auto Update.
Badge
Thank you, very helpful!