Solved

Generation of rays along a line with fized angle with respect to the line

• 25 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, i am finding problems in the generation of rays along a line with fixed angle with respect to the line.

More specifically, rays have to be emitted from the points on a segment at fized polar angle but with isotropic azimuthal angle. 

Do you know how to generate on a line and how to fix the angular properties of photons?

In addition, photons have to be polarized so thay the electric field vector is perpendicular to the emission direction and points in the direction of the source line.

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Sandrine Auriol 11 April 2022, 13:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Nicola

Are you in sequential or non-sequential mode?

I’m in sequential mode. I have tried to solve the problem by using a set of radial sources with fixed emission angle, but the problem is that i have to put many source to cover the line and it would be very useful to find a way to solve the problem reducing the number of sources, if possible (since at the moment have to change the setting of the sources one by one to get the results I need).

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

The Source Radial is in non-sequential mode so I suppose you mean non-sequential, right?

Can the Source Two Angle work for you? Light can come from a line and you can define the spatial intensity. I feel like I am missing something. Here is what I tried:

It gives:

Yeas, i meant non-sequential mode. Now I try with that source.

Thanks for the advice.