Solved

flye´s eye array with concave curvature between single elements

• 21 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi everyone,

I want to do a Flye´s  Eye simulation with a non-ideal array of orthogonal lenses.

The ideal shape as it is provided as zemax object has 0 curvature between the lenses.

What I want to simulate looks like this (concave curvatures between single elements - see document attached).

Since I did not found a way to design such an object with my CAD program, I would like to know if it would be possible to create it with OS.

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

icon

Best answer by Alissa Wilczynski 21 December 2021, 20:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Stefan, I haven’t tried it out and it’s going to take some tinkering, but I bet that it’s possible within OpticStudio. Here’s what I’d try:

1. Create the sag profile: Possible options include use of a Freeform Z object or Part Designer
  2. Sweep the shape: Use the Swept object type to identify the object axis that is your sag profile, then sweep that shape around an axis to create a rotationally symmetric shape like you’ve drawn
  3. Use an Array object on the swept shape to replicate the shape into your grid

If you’re unfamiliar with Freeform Z or Swept objects, we have example files included in your installer for both of these objects: